ALS online user forums and town halls provide updates on the ALS operating status, ALS capabilities and developments, the ALS-U Project, plans for the upcoming User Meeting, and other issues relevant to users and staff. The forums are offered in a virtual, web conferencing format to engage with our many non-local users. Questions and discussion following the presentations are welcome.
UEC Seminar Series: Science Enabled by ALS-U
The Users’ Executive Committee (UEC) is hosting a new seminar series on the first Friday of each month. The series will provide ALS users with information about diffraction-limited light sources worldwide so that they can better understand the potential of coherent techniques and imagine new ways of doing science with x-rays. All are welcome. Details are available on the ALS Seminars web page.
Recent Event: User Town Hall on the Long-Term Shutdown Schedule
Tuesday, January 26 | 12-1 p.m. PST
- UEC welcome, Johanna Nelson Weker, UEC chair
- ALS update, Steve Kevan, ALS director
- ALS-U project status, Dave Robin, ALS-U project director
- ALS shutdown scheduling and needs, Steve Rossi, deputy for business operations
- Closing remarks, Steve Kevan