by Sue Bailey, User Services Group Leader
The ALS is starting to use the LBNL publication reporting system to capture most publications from ALS users. We invite you to test the system and provide your feedback. The significant advantages of the changes are:
- Report journal articles by copying in the DOI or PubMed number. The system will then automatically download all publication details. No more typing in every separate field!
- Publications are entered into both the LBNL and ALS databases removing the need for double entry for LBNL staff.
- Publications are automatically transferred to the ALS database in real time.
To try out the new system:
- Click here.
- Look at the menu on the right-hand side.
- ALS users only: click on “Advanced Light Source User (not LBNL staff)”
- LBNL staff: click on “To Submit an LBNL Publication, Log In with your Berkeley Lab Identity”
- For publications without a DOI, select the option to “Manually type the citation,” then select one of the following publication types:
Note: It appears that very occasionally a DOI may be rejected as invalid. We think this may be due to special characters carried across when “cut and paste” is used. If you receive an error, try re-typing the special character in the DOI.
So far approximately 100 publications have been reported through the new system. Thank you for your reporting all the products of your work at ALS. We look forward to receiving your feedback.