The Advanced Light Source Users’ Executive Committee (UEC) invites nominations for new UEC members. Nominations will be accepted through Monday, October 28. Following an election, five new UEC members will be selected for the 2020–2022 term.
The UEC is seeking nominations for:
- 4 new members to serve a three-year term (2020–2022)
- 1 new ALS member to serve a three-year term (2020–2022)
What does the UEC do?
The UEC works closely with ALS management to represent and serve the needs of thousands of users at the ALS. Here are a few highlights of the UEC’s recent accomplishments:
- Revamped the User Meeting to strengthen interactions among the user community and ALS staff, while engaging the next generation of student and young scientist users.
- Represented users in Congressional visits to educate members and staff about the value of scientific user facilities.
- Organized joint advocacy efforts to support federal funding of DOE light sources.
- Discussed mechanisms to enhance user productivity, such as joint proposals and access to Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Foundry.
- Communicated opportunities and impacts associated with the ALS Upgrade project (ALS-U), and engaged the user community throughout the planning process.
- Addressed issues raised by users, such as site access.
For more information on the UEC, visit their website.
Questions? Contact the UEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.