The Advanced Light Source Users’ Executive Committee (UEC) invites nominations for its upcoming election for five new UEC members (2023–2025 term). Nominations will be accepted through Friday, October 28, 2022. Membership in the ALS UEC shall be open to those users, including students, who are interested in research at the ALS. One new member can be an ALS employee. Self nominations are allowed.
The UEC is seeking nominations for:
- 5 new members to serve a three-year term (2023–2025)
- 1 new student member to serve a two-year term (2023–2024)
What does the UEC do?
The UEC works closely with ALS management to represent and serve the needs of thousands of users at the ALS. Here are a few highlights of the UEC’s recent accomplishments:
- Maintaining strong interactions among the user community and ALS staff and engaging the next generation of student and young scientist users through our virtual User Meeting.
- Organized a career panel as part of the Light Sources 101 workshop during the User Meeting for early career users.
- Communicated opportunities and impacts associated with the ALS Upgrade project (ALS-U), and engaged the user community throughout the planning process.
- Represented users in Congressional visits to educate members and staff about the value of scientific user facilities.
- Organized joint advocacy efforts to support federal funding of DOE light sources.
- Discussed mechanisms to enhance user productivity, such as joint proposals and access to Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Foundry.
- Addressed issues raised by users, such as site access.
For more information on the UEC, visit their website.
Questions? Contact the UEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.