This November, we welcomed the new doctoral fellows to the Advanced Light Source in an orientation event. ALS Deputy for Science Andreas Scholl hosted the event and invited guests from around the ALS and Berkeley Lab to give an overview of the resources our fellows will have.
The fellows heard about the history of the ALS, IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability), science thrust areas, colloquium series, the control room, and the Berkeley Lab Postdoc Association. After enjoying some refreshments, they then took a tour of the ALS, pointing out where they will be conducting research.
This year’s doctoral fellows are:
- Emma Anquillare, Boston University
- Mikayla Barry, UC Santa Barbara
- Chenrun Feng, Kent State University
- Guanhua Hao, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Wencheng Huang, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Jianheng Li, UC Davis
- Gihyeok Lee, Dongguk University
- Dominik Stemer, UCLA
- Ziheng Yao, Stony Brook University
- Wasif Zaheer, Texas A&M University
Find more information about fellowship opportunities at the ALS here.