The results of the ALS Users’ Executive Committee (UEC) election are in, and six new members have been chosen, including a new student representative:
- Christine Beavers (UC Santa Cruz)
- Jennifer Ciezak-Jenkins (US Army Research Lab)
- Ethan Crumlin (Advanced Light Source)
- Kelsey Stoerzinger (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)
- Francesca Toma (Chemical Sciences Division, Berkeley Lab)
- Michael Jacobs, student representative (UC Berkeley)
They will each serve on the committee for three years (two years for the student representative), starting on January 1, 2017.
The 2016 UEC vice chair, Monika Blum (UNLV), will become the new 2017 chair. David Shuh (Chemical Sciences Division, Berkeley Lab), will remain on board through 2017 as past chair.
Congratulations to the new members, and many thanks to all 21 candidates for stepping up—the UEC encourages resubmission for next year. Finally, a big round of applause for the members who have completed their terms: past chair Chris Cappa (UC Davis), Brian Collins (Washington State University), Tanja Cuk (UC Berkeley), Micky Holcomb (West Virginia University), student representative Mike Makowski (UC Irvine), Andreas Scholl (ALS), and Tyler Troy (Chemical Sciences Division, Berkeley Lab).