We invite you to participate as an exhibitor or sponsor of the 2018 ALS User Meeting, October 2-4, 2018 at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in Berkeley, CA. Over 400 attendees are expected to participate in this year’s meeting, which is the 25th anniversary of light at the ALS. The focus will be the past, present, and future of the Advanced Light Source, including the latest news on the ALS Upgrade project, intended to keep ALS at the forefront of soft x-ray science.
The program includes invited talks, workshops, tutorials, a poster session with reception, and exhibits showcasing new technology and instrumentation—all offering opportunities to learn about the latest developments in synchrotron experimentation.
Exhibitors and sponsors will have high visibility in the meeting program, on display signs, in frequent conference announcements, and on our meeting website. Most importantly, your organization will be furthering synchrotron radiation advancements in science and technology.
Due to updated policies at Berkeley Lab, exhibitors and sponsors are required to fill out an agreement form prior to registration. This pre-registration can be accessed through the link at the bottom of this page. Once approved, you will be sent the direct link to register as an exhibitor or sponsor.
Exhibitor space is available for up to 30 exhibitors on days 1 and 2 of the meeting and includes a 6’ table, chairs, and electrical and Wi-Fi connections. The exhibitor area is in a 60′ by 40′ tent erected in the parking lot adjacent to the ALS (Building 6) for the duration of the ALS User Meeting. The exhibitor area houses lunch and morning and afternoon refreshments, the poster session and reception, and the awards dinner.
The exhibitor fee is $1400. This fee covers exhibit privileges at the meeting, entrance to all sessions for two company representatives, lunches and breaks both days, the poster session reception on day 1, the awards dinner on day 2, and a contribution towards a student travel award.
Exhibitors will be able to select the location of their exhibits on a first-come, first-served basis once their payment is received.
To discuss details of the exhibitor opportunities, or to ask questions, please contact Noah Schwartz (email@example.com or 510-486-4957).
Sponsorship opportunities (in order of priority) include the following and must be confirmed by August 24, 2018:
- $1500: Awards Sponsor (Qty: 3). The ALS UEC makes three awards as described below. Each sponsorship supports one award of $1000 and a contribution to a student travel award. Sponsorship includes your company name and logo in the meeting program and on the award recipient photograph displayed for one year in the ALS registration foyer, plus up to two free meeting registrations.
- David A. Shirley Award for Outstanding Scientific Achievement at the ALS
- Klaus Halbach Award for Innovative Instrumentation at the ALS
- Tim Renner User Services Award for Outstanding Support to the ALS User Community
- $1000: Student Poster Prizes (Qty: 1). Supports three prizes and includes your company name and logo in the meeting program and one free meeting registration.
- $500: Student Travel Awards (Qty: Unlimited). Pays for one student bursary to attend the User Meeting; includes your company name and logo in the meeting program and one free meeting registration.
- $200: Student Registration Awards (Qty: Unlimited). Pays for two student meeting registrations to attend the User Meeting; includes your company name and logo in the meeting program.
- $3500: User Meeting Giveaway (Qty: 1). A stainless steel cup with your logo and ALS logo, provided to all attendees, and three free meeting registrations.
- $1500: Main Meeting Lunch (Qty: 3). Includes name and logo on table signs and company logo in the meeting program, and three free meeting registrations.
- $1500: Main Tutorial Session Evening Refreshments (Qty: 1). Includes name and logo on table signs and company logo in the meeting program, and one free meeting registration.
- $1250: Main Meeting Morning Refreshments (Qty: 3). Includes name and logo on table signs and company logo in the meeting program, and two free meeting registrations.
- $1000: Main Meeting Afternoon Refreshments (Qty: 3). Includes name and logo on table signs and company logo in the meeting program, and one free meeting registration.
Your support is very important to the ALS User Meeting and is much appreciated. Please let us know if we can count on you.
To access the pre-registration form, click the button below.
Please bear in mind that sponsorship will not confer any privileges or status relative to future procurements by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
We look forward to working with you!
2018 ALS UEC Meeting Planning Committee