1. Once you have received beam time, log in to ALSHub to complete an Experiment Safety Sheet (ESS). The ALS Experiment Coordinator is available to support you through this process. Please contact Experiment Coordination at the email link or at (510) 486-7222 if you have questions or need more information.
2. Once you arrive at the ALS, you will need to follow these steps before starting your work:
- Locate your ESS. On the outer wall of the ALS at the appropriate beamline sector board you will find a paper copy of the ESS in the plastic ESS holder.
- Check the ESS for accuracy and have all participants sign. The Experiment Lead should sign pages 1 and 2, and all participants should sign page 2.
- Final experiment approval is provided by the beamline scientist signature. Once the experiment is authorized and the ESS is posted, the experiment may proceed. All work must be carried out following the hazard controls identified in the ESS.